Sunday, February 24, 2008

Luck be a Lady...

I'm going to Vegas baby! - before my luck runs out. While I wouldn't consider myself an unlucky person, I wouldn't consider myself particularly lucky either. Until today that is...
Our friend, Stephanie, invited Kate, Ava and I to her table at a benefit event for Children's Healthcare of Atlanta (CHOA). This fantastic production was held at the Georgia Aquarium and had an "Under the Sea' theme. We were level with tanks of beluga whales, sharks and the famous whale sharks. The girls were completely mesmerized. The committee truly outdid themselves with the preparations and we loved every minute of our time. Kate's favorite part was having her makeup done and "sparkles and jewels" put in her hair. All good things must come to an end though, and our afternoon came to a close as we watched a fashion show. This fantastic time was had for the purpose of raising money for CHOA (what a win-win, wouldn't you say?).

Well, since I am not a lucky person I usually steer clear of all raffles, lotteries and such. Today though, I bought several tickets because I felt like we were getting a free ride and I hadn't really contributed to the fundraising efforts. I bought 2 tickets for a trip to Aruba (really wanted that one), a Mommy/Daughter gift basket, a $500 Dillards card and at the last minute, I threw my last ticket in for a custom designed kids playhouse. So as I am sitting listening to them announce the winners, I about fell out of my seat when I heard that yours truly won the playhouse. That's right, me who has never won anything, just won a custom designed playhouse valued at $10,000. (Yeah, I am guessing that it has to have granite countertops, running water and AC to go for that much! We'll see.)

So if you're coming through Atlanta in the near future, we just got some more room for you!

9 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

How about they FINISH YOUR BASEMENT!?!?!!? instead of the playhouse???? Just kidding! That is a WONDERFUL streak of luck (though, come-on, you secretly said to yourself ARUBA-BABY, WHY NOT ARUBA?!?!?! -- right? -- if not I'll wonder about your parentage.)

Anne said...

Oh my gosh...fun! Okay, you totally deserve it and so do your kids. I can't wait to see it in May! By the way, will you be there Memorial Day weekend?

Anonymous said...

Wow and Double WOW! Your girls are going to love it!

Unknown said...

HOLY COW!! Can i stay the night? :) How do you do it? You manage to be everything wonderful plus lucky too?? It's just not fair. . .

Love,
Jen

Anne said...

That is the coolest house ever!

Love,
Abby

You have to let us come visit and play in that cute house!

Love,
Sarah

Kasey said...

Wow! That is so cool. Do you think it will be ready by May 1st??

Tanya said...

Yes, wow! That will be so fun!

Kari said...

Glad to know I'll have a place to stay in May ... maybe we should forego the beach house!! THAT is a girls' dream come true - my girls would go CRAZY over a playhouse like that!!! Congrats :)

SHANNA said...

WOW!! we just got a playhouse for the kids at costco. i used to think it was adorable. i am starting to think the grass is greener on the other side!! i want to live in that house. how beautiful.