Thursday, February 14, 2008

Happy Valentine's Day


Today was a pretty awesome day in our house. Jason and I started the day early by waking up at 6:30 and making the kids a yummy strawberry pancake breakfast. The pancakes were pretty good but what they really liked was drinking juice out of the pink "fancy glasses". (I would have posted a picture of all of us but I forgot to take off my mascara the night before and it is scary!)

Kate and I then headed off for her chemo treatment and had a great time passing out all of the valentine treat bags that she'd made. I really love watching her enjoy the role as "giver" as she is so often the receiver of kindness.

The rest of the day was pretty much a blur between two Valentine's Day parties at school, swim lessons, dinner and cub scouts. Jason and I did manage to sit down together for a lovely meal of Chicken Arrabiatta after all of the kids went to bed and we enjoyed each other's company. I can't think of a better way to spend my day than surrounded Jason, Jackson, Kate and Ava.

In the spirit of all of those warm fuzzies, here are a few things happened today and made me think, "I love my family!"

1) Ava always says, "You okay Mommy?" whenever I cough or sneeze. Seeing as how I have a cold, she said it a lot today!

2) Jackson treats his sisters like they are princesses and I love it! He swooped in at the Valentine's Day party and helped Ava stop crying by sharing his treats. His is the best big brother.

3) Kate walked around the house just singing quietly to herself for nearly an hour tonight. She sounded just like an angel.

4) Jason woke up even earlier than I did to make me breakfast!

I am one lucky lady!

7 comments:

Kari said...

What a wonderful and fun day!! Sounds exactly as a Valentine's Day should be ... surrounded by the ones we love :)

Allison said...

So cute! It sounds like a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

I'd say you found the joy in your day...

Hugs,
Anne

BIGSKYBLAST said...

You're right...one lucky lady!

Unknown said...

So sweet!! Wish i had been so creative!! Can i just tell you how wonderful and great your family is? When are we getting together...soon??

Love ya! Happy V's Day!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Jason sounds like a great husband. You are very lucky--

Tanya said...

The place settings are so pretty. What a great day for you all.