Sunday, February 17, 2008

Go Anne!!!


This is one of my dearest friends, Anne. Let me tell you about this amazing woman (who broke my heart by moving to San Antonio this summer) - she is the mother of 4 beautiful children 9, 6, and almost 3 year old twins! She is the one I often speak of in my blogs. You know - her family flew to Disney to be with us for the marathon to cheer me on (I often feel like she is my own personal cheerleader and even therapist at times). She is much more amazing than she gives herself credit and is a true friend in every sense of the word.
Today she is running the Austin Half Marathon as a member of TNT and she raised over $4,000 for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. She decided to run in honor of my Kate, who she shares a special bond with and I continue to be overwhelmed by her gesture. She'll be embarrassed by this post but I don't care! :) Anne, you are a rock star and I love you!!! My world is definitely better because you are in it...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

An "AMEN" from the Montana branch of the family. You're a true friend, Anne. Carolyn is a lucky woman!

Anne said...

Embarrassed...you're right, however, I'm touched by your words and love you more than you'll ever know! The race was a huge success and I loved every minute of it! I wrote on the big TNT banner "13.1...ALL FOR KATE!" Hugs to you and your sweet family!

Kari said...

What a great story ... and fabulous friendship! Bonds like that can't be broken by miles. I think Anne rocks, too, and would love to meet her sometime - sounds like my kinda girl :)

angela said...

Anne Rocks! hugs to you, Anne