Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Latest Review

If you liked the Secret Life of Bees by Sue Monk Kidd, you'll love The Mermaid Chair. It is essentially a book about a middle-age woman's path toward self-discovery and the redeeming power of love. If it sounds like a "chick read" it is and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Those kind of books are very therapeutic for me.


I loved Goose Girl by Shannon Hale and found Austenland to be not quitet as enjoyable of a read. It was still a page turner and cute but I just didn't LOVE it like I did Goose Girl. I am still going to read another one of her books, Enna Burning and will let you know what I think of it. Anyone else read any good books lately?

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Carolyn--Danny gave me your blog address and I feel like I'm all caught up with your life!! We got your Team In Training Letter. We're excited about it. Tell Jason I said "Hello", and I hope you are all well. We still miss you very much.--Becca Snow

Kari said...

I still haven't even gotten to Twilight!!! One book we did read for our book club a while back was The Secret Journal of Brett Colton by Kay Lynn Mangum. If you haven't read it I would highly recommend it. It almost brought me to tears (which is a HUGE deal)! I read the entire book in 2 days which should have been recorded in history as the day a miracle happened ;)

Unknown said...

enna burning is awesome, so is river secrets (so far). i concur on austenland--just didn't LOVE it, seemed a little too cheesy in parts.

you need to try the series by libba bray. there is a great and terrible beauty and rebel angels with a new one coming out soon. you would really like them, i think. kind of along the same genre as twilight, but about witches and other realms. a little dark, but good.

jen

Mrs. B said...

Agree completely with Jen. I read Austenland as well, same thoughts. I post the five most recent books I've read on my blog and whether or not I liked them.
You might try Carrie Bebris's books. Pride and Prejudice continued type of thing. I thought they were cute. The first one is called Pride and Prescience.