Thursday, September 06, 2007

Tennis Anyone?

Jason and I so love this time of year. No it isn't that fall is around the corner or that school has begun again. It is US Open tennis that we love. (We are completely exhausted but we love it!) One of our dreams is to go to the US Open in NY and watch the matches for a full week. Some day.... Until then we settle for staying up until 2 am watching them in the comfort of our own home.
I actually LOVE watching the players amazing tennis skill and not those sweaty biceps and gratuitous fist pumps if that is what you are thinking (I will admit that Federer's last opponent Lopez was gorgeous, but I digress). Andy Roddick and Roger Federer played in the quarter finals until the wee hours of the morning last night and I have to admit that I really wanted Federer to lose! As my brother Craig said, "He's like the Michael Jordan of tennis." Federer needs to be beaten every once in a while and make the outcomes of the matches less predictable. Plus I was totally turned off by his, made for the US Open shoes, that have 3 swiss flags on them - one for each win at the US Open. Over confident much? Somebody has got to take him down! Although my man Andy Roddick didn't win last night, he did put up a great fight and gave us some fantastic tennis to watch. Maybe the next Grand Slam will be his turn. Federer can't stay on top forever. Right?! Somebody please beat him!

4 comments:

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I too share you love of tennis. I played all the time as a kid, but now can't remember the last time I picked up a racket. I grew up with my mom's side of the family loving and playing all the time. That is how my grandma and grandpa spent much of their dating years... playing tennis. I agree with your thoughts on Federer and was sad when Roddick lost. Such a great match... and sport in general. My all time favorite though... is Boris Becker... LOVE HIM !!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Talk to Craig and Anne. They've booked me to babysit for a week for the Open in 2010! Craig just put in his booking YESTERDAY!

Craig said...

It is true. We did book Mom for 2010 so we could go to the US Open. Anne and I decided that is going to be our 10th Anniversary trip. Next step... get some decent tickets!

Kari said...

Here's to hoping that Federer is taken down one of these days :)