Saturday, September 08, 2007

We're Still Alive!

Jason and I competed (sort of - you'll have to use that term loosely) in our first triathalon this morning. We drove down to beautiful Peachtree City at 5am for the good times while our very sweet neighbor, Jo, watched our kids. Neither one of us knew what to expect and were both pleased to find that we finished feeling pretty good (I know, we were surprised too)! Here is a post race shot - medals and all.
As expected, the biking was the easiest for Jason and hardest for me and the running was easiest for me. (It felt good to pass runners after being blown by like 100 people during the bike portion). Jason felt like the swimming was the most difficult - citing completely murky, algea filled waters and clamoring people as the biggest challenges. Since it was our first race, we had no time to beat so we both just tried to pace ourselves. Jason finished in 1:46:41 and I finished in 1:41:11. We'll see if the next triathalon will find us with better times. Here are a few more pics of the good times.

It isn't hard to believe that this man was voted best legs in high school is it? I think that those legs are still smokin'. :) Sorry Jason. I type the blog and can embarrass you from time to time.

I knew that the race was going to be good when I picked up my number yesterday and it was 777! Luck was on my side for sure!



PS- You know we are both strong (and brave) people if I am posting pictures of us clad entirely in spandex. Is there no other way? Yikes!

Lessons learned: For the next race, I think I'll actually buy a road bike and ride it before the race day (I borrowed my friends mountain bike with hybrid tires yesterday) and Jason will invest in a more comfy seat. :)

12 comments:

the andersons said...

Congrats you guys on doing something challenging together. You both look awesome!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you had a great race! I am so proud of both of you, you guys are awesome! Next year Spudman for sure, it would be so fun to do it all together! Love you guys! (p.s. look at me I'm replying, Aren't you proud?)

Kasey said...

Awesome! Congrats! You put us all to shame.... :)

Carly said...

Wow! You guys are amazing... Maybe I will have the desire to get my bum in gear someday; then again probably not. You definitely inspire me to get doing something though. Congratulations again. Oh and ya, woo hoo nice legs Jason!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You guys are amazing! So that's where you must have been when I called today! I am so proud of you!

Hot legs, Jason...lookin' skinny, Carolyn!:)

Love,
Anne

Kari said...

Wow ... what an accomplishment!! Congrats on your successful finish :) Your legs are looking pretty darn good themselves!! Smokin' hot in spandex ;)

. said...

Jason, you are my hero, and the sexiest man alive!

Anonymous said...

Edward?

Unknown said...

you are my idol!! why can't i get off my rear and accomplish something like that? great job guys--VERY impressive!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

Way to go guys !! That is such an awesome goal to set... and REACH !! Especially doing it together.

Carolyn, I can't believe you've had three kids... hot mama !! And Jason is adorable as usual :)

emily said...

You are my new hero! GREAT JOB you little sexy mama! Send some of your inspiration/motivation my way...

Anonymous said...

Ok-- so I read the blog out loud to Britton who was working next me. He glanced over to get a peak at the pictures to the impressive story I was reading and all he could say was... "Is Jason wearing Spandex?" You guys are awesome-- and Jason has become Britton's new idol. Way to go!