Saturday, December 22, 2007

20 Miles Baby!!!!

I am already sore and tired (kind of makes me wonder how I am going to walk around Disney World for 3 days after a marathon) but I ran the whole 20 miles today. It wasn't an "easy" running day for me either but my teammates and I were on a mission - plodding along until the end.

When Barb, our team coach, hugged me at the finish line tears sprang to my eyes (again, makes me wonder what kind of state I'll be in when Kate hugs me at the finish line at Disney). Anyway, I feel many emotions right now - fatigue, weakness, happiness, gratitude and a little bit of anxiety about adding 6 more miles on to this - to make it a marathon!

6 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Was thinking about you today. Hoping that the 20 miler would be a confidence boost! I guess if you want make it today, the adrenaline will carry you through on the 13th! You go girl!

Tanya said...

You rock! When Kate is older and she looks back at pictures and stories of the run, she'll be so touched at what a great mom she has.

Anonymous said...

If anyone can do it, you can!

Our thoughts will be with both you and Kate throughout the day. If you feel a little squeeze before the race, don't worry, it's just a little hug from us -- please give one to Kate too.

Our wish is that the day is all that you hope it will be and that you can hear the cheering, supportive voices of friends and family -- those on the sidelines and those scattered throughout the country!

Go, Carolyn go!

Unknown said...

can you spell w-o-n-d-e-r w-o-m-a-n?? just wondering when i get to ride the invisible jet with you :)! you're awesome, but you already knew that.

love ya!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

So proud of you... Love you

Steve Anderson said...

:-)))))