Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Ava's 1st Haircut...Finally!

At just over 2 and 1/2 years old, Miss Ava had her first haircut today. She actually didn't have very much to cut but the beginning stages of a mullet were forming and I just couldn't allow that to happen. If you look closely you can see the wings at the nape of her neck.

There were no tears, fights or antics for her first cut either. I was poised with camera to take it all in but she just hopped up onto the chair and did every thing that the hair dresser asked. She has been accompaning Jackson and Kate to the salon for long enough that she knew to ask for a lollipop at the end of it all and was pleased as punch that she finally had a turn in the big chair.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man that is one cute girl!

BIGSKYBLAST said...

Girl, Girl, Girl! ALL GIRL! Next come the nails!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, what a cutie! I can't believe she's such a big girl now. No surprise she knew just what to do at Little Scissors!

Carly said...

So funny! Farrah had a little baby mullet going on, so I just snipped it myself (scary). I couldn't believe how much older it made her look. Ava is such a little cutie.

Kari said...

I love the first cut!! It always amazed me how much it helped their hair to grow and start to thicken up!! Now my girls get their hair cut every 6-8 weeks ... the joys of girls with stacked bob haircuts :)

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

I could just eat her up... so adorable !!

Anonymous said...

With or without hair that girl is darling -- I just love that toothy smile and bigger than life personality!

Shannon Hale's books: I love her strong female characters. They are usually not the most beautiful, rich, or popular girls on the block. They face adversity and overcome all by choosing the right! Great reads for "girls" of any age.

Allison said...

so cute! I noticed it today and agree. She looks so darling!

Anonymous said...

good to know that is the only hair she will get for awhile, I love my kitty bald