Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Christmas Carol


Luck was smiling upon us this weekend... At the last minute, a friend offered our family 2 tickets to see A Christmas Carol at the Alliance Theater in Atlanta - (front row even). We had to rearrange our schedules a little but it was worth it and Jackson and I had a fantastic time - just the 2 of us.

Jackson commented as we were leaving for the show, "Dad and I get to do things a lot, just the two of us, but you and I don't". It's true. As life has become more complicated, Jason and I divide and conquer. That usually means that I take the girls and he does most of the activities with Jackson. A special day out with just Mom and Jackson made this neat opportunity that much cooler in both of our eyes I think.

I was surprised how still Jackson sat throughout the show (he's 8 and a boy - need I say more) and when it was over he seemed genuinely bummed that time passed so quickly. It is so much fun to pass along fun childhood memories with your children isn't it? I have the best memories of watching Radio City Music Hall's Christmas Spectacular every other year with my cousins. Those were the best times.

I am going to try and see if I can buy tickets for The Nutcracker next week and take the whole family. I can't wait to share that experience with my children!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun...best of all, Jackson enjoyed his time alone with you! I think that's really neat.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

A Christmas Carol is Grampas favorite production and he's passed that love on to me. I'm glad Jackson liked it. It gives us all hope that it's not too late to change! Although as Courtnie says, "It's a little scary in places!"

Kari said...

What a wonderful memory for both of you! That one-on-one time is so hard to come by as the kiddos add up ... especially with life getting in the way. I'm so glad to hear you got to sneak a bit of time for just the two of you ;)