Sunday, December 09, 2007

Run Forest Run...

So yesterday I ran 18 miles in preparation for the upcoming marathon (we kind of got lost and ended up having to make up our own route but it worked). In 2 weeks we'll be running 20 miles and then start tapering down in preparation for the race!
On Friday night a friend asked me, "are you excited for tomorrow's run?" In truth, no I wasn't. It isn't that I don't enjoy running because I do, but I am growing weary of the time commitment associated with training for a marathon. It is so much greater than the 1/2 marathon was let me tell you. This past week's schedule included running 6 miles on Tuesday, 10 miles on Wednesday and 6 miles on Thursday plus a 4 miler sometime in the week. I also weight trained 2 times and then on Saturday spent 3+ hours running the 18 miles.
Perhaps I am feeling the strain more because it is the Christmas season and there are so many other things that I rather be doing with my kids than running. I am very much looking forward to the marathon but I don't know if it is because I am looking forward to the culminating event of my efforts or because it will mean an end to this rigorous training schedule. :)

6 comments:

BIGSKYBLAST said...

A question was asked in Church today...Why is it so much easier to be miserable than happy. An answer was proposed -- it takes no discipline to be miserable.

Your discipline is incredible! It defines who YOU are. I can't WAIT to see the smile on your face at the culmination of this endeavor. You WILL be happy and NOT because it's over.

You're incredible.....

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with your mom...you are incredible! I'm excited to see the smile on your face as you cross the finish line!

Moss & Fern Cottage said...

You'll be so proud of yourself when you finally complete the race... just as the rest of us will be and ARE proud of you !

Love ya

Anonymous said...

My "champion"!

Allison said...

You are doing so great! Go fight win! It will be here before you know it. Wish we could be there to cheer you on.

Kari said...

Wow - moms really know how to say it, don't they?! Your dedication is amazing and I know how proud you will be at the end of it all :)