Wednesday, July 04, 2007

4th of July Extravaganza

The Show


So this 4th of July was pretty much a marathon day of fun. Here was our day...
6:30 am - Leave for the Peachtree Road Race (which we began at 8:45am)
11:00 am - Jason's Tennis Round Robin and me at the pool with the kids for 3 hours
4:00 pm - Piedmont Park with 7 other families playing games for nearly 4 hours
8:00 pm - Return to our home for jumpin' on the trampoline followed by fireworks (thank you Jason and Matt for risking life and limb).
10:30 pm - Collapse into bed (not to wake up until 8:30 the next day!)

We had such a fantastic time at the park with everyone. A few favorite memories of my time were watching the kids do the water balloon toss, playing baseball (and getting my sunglasses broken from a good hit by Pete and not a good catch by me!), eating tons of yummy food, playing aerobie with Nate, watching the kids roll and tumble down the big hill, watching Ryan climb a tree to recover a foam rocket and watching the kids all so happy to be running around having a fantastic time. This was the kind of event that I wanted to take a mental picture of so that I could always remember the day. Of course I also took quite a few digital photos so that you could all see the fun too!

Most of the Crew


Balloon Toss


Rollin', rollin', rollin'


Jumping Fun

2 comments:

Tanya said...

What a fun day - I bet your kids (and you) were exhausted. And love the sleeping in until 8:30am part. How you do teach kids to sleep in...I need some help there.

Allison said...

You took some really great photos! What a fun day that was. Thanks for inviting us!