Saturday, July 14, 2007

The BIG 33!

Happy Birthday to Us!

That's right, on Friday the 13th I turned the big 33. I had a great day with a few surprises (which is always fun on the birthday). Beautiful flowers, candy baskets, thoughtful phone calls, cake with friends and a night out was the perfect way to celebrate. We celebrated with Nate and Alli (who shares the same birthday as I do only 2 years younger, but we don't focus on that point) and Jason's sister, Shauna, who is here visiting.
So, Friday night a good friend of mine watched the kids, while we all went to Bones for a fantastic dinner. This restaurant was definitely a splurge but worth every penny. It's makes me laugh whenever I go to a place like this (you know the kind of restaurant where there is a team of 6 assigned to cater to your every need) because I think, "My life should always be like this". But then the night is over and the next weekend it is take out at Chipotle. Sigh...
After the above mentioned dining experience, we headed out for a movie. I know, I know, not the most original idea, but it has been months since we'd gone to a show, so it felt like a treat.
All in all, 33 feels pretty great so far.

No comments: