Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Peachtree Road Race

Pre-Race

The Peachtree Road Race is an annual 10K event in Atlanta on the 4th of July. It's claim to fame is that it's the largest 10K in the world with 55,000 registered participants (they estimate that the total is more like 70,000 with the unregistered runners). Last year I ran it with one of my best friends, Anne Hatch, and since she moved this year :( I was lucky enough to run it with one of my other favorite friends Clairon Palmer. It was a very warm day but not humid and we were blessed with an occassional breeze making the conditions tolerable for the race. We both had a great time and commented that this is such a great way to begin any holiday! Here are a few pictures of the winners!

The Coveted T-Shirt in XL? (For Jason of course)


Still Feeling Strong

2 comments:

Tanya said...

Good for you! Are you doing any marathons or halfs this year? Ok, and how do you be a mom of 3 including one with leukemia, work, train, and keep a house? TELL ME!

Carolyn Hansen said...

I have decided to do the Disney World Marathon in January. (I will be training with the TNT Leukemia and Lymphoma society.) Crazy I know but I am really excited for my first marathon!