Thursday, July 05, 2007

County Meet FINALS

Swim Season ENDS ;)


Well, now that the 4th is over I can give a brief update on the county finals. The Barracudas finished 2nd with a record of 5-1 for the dual meet season. They came in 8th for the county meet (out of 25 teams) and were pretty happy with that place. Jackson and his relay team did awesome finishing 6th in the medley relay and 8th in the freestyle relay. Jackson did very well too coming in 17th for both backstroke and butterfly in his age group. Nearly every other child in the race was 8 so Jackson did amazing considering it was his first year in this age bracket. He was more relaxed for this meet and had a great time swimming.
We decided to video tape the races and until I learn to post video, these few pictures will have to do. He and Kate certainly haven't had enough of swimming because they woke up this morning saying, "It's sunny! Can we go to the pool?" Maybe tomorrow, because Mom needs a break!

Best shot I could get from the balcony!


Jackson loves this shot of his backstroke start

3 comments:

Tanya said...

How fun. I swam competitively from age 6 to about 14. Now I really wish I wouldn't have quit so early. I've got to get my kids going...they barely know how to float let alone swim a lap.

Carolyn Hansen said...

I didn't know you swam! That is really cool. I bet the swim portion of the TRI is a piece of cake for you!

Allison said...

So cute. I'm so glad you guys enjoy that so much. It is really cute to see the action shots and to hear the stories. Thanks for sharing!